Thursday, December 08, 2005

Another Day....



I woke up this morning and sighed! It's another day of work and I hadn't had much sleep as I have been keeping late nights working on projects due next week. Getting on the train to North London where I work, the usual sight greets me. Commuters with crossed legs and fixed gazes at any material to read. Having moved into London, this is one of the few amazing things I have noticed about Londoners.

I like to use the train, as the 30mins ride from home to work gives me time to get myself psychologically ready for the day ahead. I may have picked up a habit as well.....that is the habit of READING on the TRAIN. I love to read, but it seems I look forward to reading on the train these days more than anywhere else. This might be as a result of the fact that almost everyone else on the train is either reading or pretending to read. A few smiles, nods and occasional gestures here and there. That's all you'll get from Londoners who are not very happy to chat with a stranger until you make the first move and if you're lucky, find a "willing to chat" victim.

Londoners are really courteous people and can be as friendly as your average citizen. But unlike Americans, they won't make the first move. And while you are having a conversation, please keep it polite and courteous. Laugh occassionally even when nothing is funny and appear interested in the dialogue even when you'd rather shut up and go on READING......

Thus these days when I am going to travel by train, I usually find a book to read or a mate to accompany me. Else pray hard to find a gentleman or lady willing to chat, and hope that he/she is not boring. Hence comes the obvious question; what do I read? I'll tell you....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Many thanks, it would be better if you identified yourself though...

Anonymous said...

To the so-called "anonymous":You have helped document your rejection of God's word. Please Note: every human who towed that path got inevitably and eternally shut up. Someday, it might be too late to even stumble on a gospel web page. You are known to God!

Titi Awodoye said...

Hey dude!
really nice blog you have here. what can i say, guess our anonymous friend is just ignorant of some hard facts! inspiring blog. good thing is that i can relate wiv what im reading and who is writing. Thats rare these days wen you are reading blogs.

Unknown said...

Many thanks Titilayo, I am glad you can relate to what's on the pages. And need I say I do like your blog as well?