Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Our Light Affliction

This morning I want to encourage you. Perhaps you're going through a tough time, perhaps things aren't as great as you would desire. Be patient, relax and let your rejoicing be in the Lord. Today may not be shaping up the way you would ideally want, and the storms of life may be taking their toll on you. I am in this phase as well, but as I prayed this morning, the lord lifted up my heart.

I began to see that God is purging me and preparing me for a greater glory. I began to see that indeed, he is faithful to ensure that I will not be tried beyond what I can handle. He hasn't promised me a life of "no trials or challenges", indeed he warned me they'll come, my faith will be tested....but that I should be cheerful, because I through God has overcome. I am a victor and I live in God as a triumphant child of his glory.

I knew within the inner man that I cannot afford to be led of my senses, considering what I can see rather than what I cannot see. For I live my life by the faith of God and not by my sight (senses). So I rejoice, I am boisterous because I know that at the end of this darkness is a great dawn. Just like Jesus went through a time of darkness - his betrayal, the cruel trials, the mockery, the denials, the beatings, the crucifixtion; he awoke victorious, to a new and blessed dawn.

From the mind's eye, everything seems like the weight of the world may be all on you, and that God has forsaken you. Be of good cheer child of God, these are just light afflictions. God has promised that they are temporary and are working for you a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. Release your faith in God, rejoice that he's found you faithful to take you through your fire of refinement so that you can come out purified, precious and great.

Our God is worthy to be praised!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Blessed! Often times we think our situations definately outways what Paul was saying in that scripture of 11Cor4v17 but hey, the choice of that word was right. Yes very right! Why? Paul had an advanced degree; no jokes, he wasn't a night school graduate.......lol. Chapter 11 of that same book will give you a more vivid picture of the afflictions Paul wrote of and to be honest, those aint light at all. So, when he said "light" this should suggest to us that he was not emphasizing on the size of it, but rather he was considering it's duration.
In all sincerity, most of our situations come and go, and so Paul admonishes the beliver to KNOW that "this too shall pass". What God wants to achieve in us through our afflictions, is more than the afflictions in itself. Hence, that it is light is not just a word of truth it is proven (Q.E.D) by the end results!
If you've ever wondered why even in a raging storm of a situation., you are so calm......this is the reason.....In our afflictions, God makes His power awesomely available to sustain us because he wants us to think more of our ANTICIPATED glory. The shocker is that not all afflictions produce glory but when we focus on those things that are not visible then shall it work out an eternal glory for us........the more of the word of God you get stock in your heart, the more of the unseen things: spoken of here, that will become more real to you. I'm truely excited by this word of encouragement today!

Unknown said...

wise words vumkay, I have learnt in all things to rejoice and be glad for the lord is in charge. His word says that he continually leads us in a triumphant march; greater is our God who is in us than the world and all its elements.

On another note, how dyu mean "not all afflictions produce glory"? Kindly explain pls.